BLOOD TEST RESULTS - 6 Months vegetarian.

JUNE 2015 - Standard Australian Diet - Gluten free.
total cholesterol 6.5 (<5.6) ABNORMAL HIGH - mild hypercholesterolaemia
tri 1.3 
Vitamin D 22 - SEVERE DEFICIENCY (<20) --- 50 is ideal at the end of winter and 70 in summer!!! 
fasting glucose 5.1 (4-5.6 is healthy range)
thyroid HS 2.18- - good

blood content cells= normal
Everything else all in healthy range.

So due to my alarming health at just 27 years of age I began my health journey. Cut out meat and began 5:2, began walking about 20 minutes 5 days a week. Later in the time increasing to begin jogging, and then slacking all together.


EARLY NOVEMBER 2016 - 6 months vegetarian (Eating dairy frequently and occasionally egg and very rarely meat)
Blood pressure 100 74 - normal is above 90/60 and below 120/80
Cholesterol went from 6.5 to 5.1! -   < 5.5 is good, and my ratio is 3 which should be 3.5 or under.
Vitamin D from 22- due to 51 due to Gardening, walking and taking Vitamin D supplementation 
5.1 to 6.4 mmol Blood Glucose (4-5.6 is healthy range) -  despite eating less sugar and no meat fat but high dairy fat.
B12 327 (and it has 1440 near it i dunno why) (150-700 is normal range) I take supplements for the last 3 months.
Anaemic at only 11 from 36 (15 is low range) and high red blood cell count ferritin level lower than 50ng/ml indicates a need for iron supplementation. 
Calcium and everything else all in healthy range- so no need to mention.
I noticed easily jarred joints for a week or so...and purchased DHA. I take MSM and am upping the dose, but i think it went away on it's own.

I have cut all dairy from my diet now and lowered the fat content of my meals, and increased my fasts. 


MID NOV 2016
Iron supplementation, continuing my previous supplements of Vitamin D 2000IU, B12 5000 and DHA (which i have only been taking a week because it took a while to arrive), and increasing my fasts and exercise frequency and intensity to keep diabetes at bay. Attempting to jog about 20 minutes a day, and walking 40 minutes a day. 

This now coupled with my iron deficiency has lead to Restless Legs Syndrome. So I have cut back the jogging to walking. 


So a week later i re-did a blood sugar test and got:
blood 2.5 hours after eating is 5.6mmol - normal two hours after a typical meal is: (5.00–6.1 mmol/l) - However I was recommended to check again in future JUST IN CASE.

To be continued...Hopefully in 3 months my iron levels will climb up and my blood sugar will normalise proving a false reading! 



Hopefully soon I will be strong enough to eat Whole Food Plant Based 99% of the time (Instead of 80%)  and then another blood test will show optimum health!

Comments

Popular Posts